Saturday, March 24, 2012

Outfitting for vacation

As our vacation approaches I am taking stock of what we have and what we still don't have for the cruise. And I must restrain myself from going overboard from buying all sorts of cute outfits for the kids (have you been on Etsy????).

Last year I bought Alyssa a Minnie Mouse swim suit and coverup at The Disney Store when they were on clearance at the end of the season. Is there anything cuter than a baby in a bikini?







I also bought her an Ariel costume and a pirate costume (for Pirate Night on the cruise) during Halloween clearance. I scored each of these for around $4 each:



Sometime last year I also bought these t-shirts on sale at The Disney Store:



And now all the kids have water shoes (a must for walking around the pool deck and on the beach) and sandals:


I'd love to do matching family t-shirts for our day at Magic Kingdom or for our first day on the cruise...but my dear husband would not be caught dead in matching family t-shirts. Although he did say I could make all 3 kids match. So I'm still deciding on that one. Thinking about doing one outfit splurge for the kids on Etsy.

There is one semi-formal dinner on the cruise, but I think the kids will skip that. Brian and I are trying to get reservations for the adult-only restaurant, so we will dress up for that. None of my clothes fit me anymore, so I definitely have some shopping to do over the next 2 months!

Do you buy clothes specifically for a vacation? Do you set a budget, or splurge, or a combo?

No comments:

Post a Comment