Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The $5 house

This cardboard house was on sale at JCPenney this week for $14.99. As soon as I saw it in the store, I immediately thought it would be great for entertaining the kids over winter break. I had a coupon for $10 off, so I got it for $4.99. Score!



It wasn't too hard to assemble.


Then, let the coloring begin!




My kids have been playing with this house almost all day long (and fighting about it, and passing a "stinky sock" in and out of it endlessly). The kids each claimed a side of the house as their own to color. My oldest son is taking his time because he said he wants it to look perfect. The rest of the house is colored quite randomly by my 4-year-old. And I colored it some, because I found it strangely therapeutic.

I'm hoping the kids will remain interested in the house for at least a few more days before Christmas. It's too cold to go outside (too cold for us Texans, anyway!)

2 comments: