Thursday, September 24, 2015

Preparations for "A Whole New York"

We are leaving soon for our trip to New York City! (See here for the scoop). The kids are super excited. My 4-year-old daughter apparently cannot get the song from Aladdin out of her mind ("A Whole New World"), so she keeps calling New York City "A Whole New York." I've corrected her a few dozen times and explained that it's just New York City, not a whole New York, but the name has stuck and now I'm stuck on it, too.

Our first month of school has been a tough adjustment for the kids and for me, so thinking about our trip and doing some preparations gives us a welcome reprieve from the daily grind.

We found a ton of kids' books at the library about New York City, both fiction and non-fiction. 




I've been studying the subway grid to get an idea of our routes and the most economical tickets.

The kids have been dreaming of which toys they will get at Nintendo World.



I've been fretting about losing our kids in the crowd and researching how to find a bathroom quickly. Luckily, I'm not the only mom who is afraid of not finding a bathroom for her kids, and I've discovered some handy information on this very topic from Mommy Poppins.

I think this trip is going to be brutal on the parents...but a trip we will always remember.







No comments:

Post a Comment