Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My travel bucket list

Over the past few weeks, I've seen several travel bloggers post their travel bucket list (the list of places they'd like to visit before they kick the bucket). While that sounds morbid, I think it's good to have travel goals. And dreaming of these places is fun!

The more I read and talk to other travelers, the more my list changes. But here is my list for today:

1.  Alaskan cruise on Disney Cruise Line



I've been wanting to take an Alaskan cruise for years, but it's expensive (on Disney) and I want to wait until my kids are a little older to partake in some of the more adventurous port excursions.

We are shooting for 2017 for this vacation. My kids would be 13, 9 and 6 (almost 7). The cruise ports in Vancouver, British Columbia...which I hear is a wonderful place to visit.

Vancouver, British Columbia


2.  Summer Olympic Games

My husband and I have really gotten into watching the Olympics on TV, and we would love to travel to a future Olympic Games. We would love to see the opening ceremony in person, as well as some swimming and gymnastics events. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to swing the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics (because of #1 above). But one of these years....

Summer Olympics

3.  Tour de France--France

This one is really more my husband's dream...he'd like to watch the Tour de France in person. He is a cyclist, and he watches the race on TV every year.

Tour de France
We went to France for our honeymoon, and we'd love to take our family there someday. There is so much to see in Paris and in the Loire Valley.

4. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter--Universal Studios, Florida

What, you thought I only visited Disney parks? My family loves Harry Potter! Somehow my older kids don't know this park exists, so we've managed to escape visiting there on our Orlando trips. I want to wait until my kids are a little older before visiting this park because of the intensity of the rides. Brian and I visited the Universal parks before the Harry Potter sections were added.

Hogwart's Castle
I think we could surprise our kids with this trip on a 3-day weekend during the school year...in a few years.

5.  European Riverboat Cruise

My parents have gone on two riverboat cruises and they look awesome! This is probably a trip we would do when are empty nesters, because the ships are small and the cabins only fit 2 people.


6.  Glen Rose, Texas

And now for a local one...we've been to many places in Texas, but not yet to Glen Rose. This would be an easy weekend trip. This town is home to Dinosaur Valley State Park, Dinosaur World and Fossil Rim Wildlife Center.

Dinosaur World
What's on your travel bucket list? Have you been to any of the above places?

No comments:

Post a Comment